has begun to rank them higher on search engine results pages. Google crawler
crawl Pdf pages very fast so you get ranking very fast and easily back links.
items as a PDF. This isn’t ideal, because you’re actually saving the document
as an image that search engines can’t read. Search engine robots cannot read an
image based PDF file, and they will most likely completely ignore it. Using a
text based PDF editor ensures that search engines can find, read and index your
PDF files like any other website. So
Save file as text bases rather than img based
- Save the file as a PDF with a relevant file name. For example, my PDF on vegetarian Thanksgiving
recipes would be called Vegetarian-Thanksgiving-Recipes.pdf. This will also
help users identify the content of the PDF if they share it with others or save
it for later use. Search engines will read the keywords in your PDF file, and
they will interpret dashed (-) as spaces. It’s a PDF file SEO best practice to
optimize your filename with description keywords, for example: `corporate-blogging-ebook.pdf’
so always choose keyword rich file name
- The title you choose is also what Google uses in
it’s search result pages. Make sure that your title
field is optimized with the specific keywords you want to rank well for, or
entice potential visitors to click
- Follow SEO best
practices when writing your content. Use relevant keywords in your content, H1
and H2 tags in the copy, and make sure your images include alt tags.
- Each PDF file
contains a set of document properties, which are usually found in the same
place that you add a title. These properties typically include:
- Crawlers can read links in a PDF, too. Build in links to relevant pages on your
website so readers can get back to your site from the PDF. This is particularly
important if your PDF is shared via email or social networks, as those readers
may not have been to your site before.
- Fill out the
Document Properties. Open your PDF in Acrobat, and fill in the document
properties by going to the Menu and clicking File >>> Properties. You'll
see a screen pop up called Document Properties. Make sure you're on the
Description tab, and fill in the Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords fields. What
you write in the Title field will be what appears in search results. If it is
empty, search engines will auto-fill it with something in the content of your
PDF, which will likely be less relevant for a searcher. Use keywords in your
title for which you want your PDF to rank.
- saving PDFs at a
lower version good for the search engines, it’s also good for users. Not
everyone has the latest versions of Acrobat Reader. Accordingly, I’d recommend
saving PDFs as version 1.5 or lower. This way it will be good for search
engines and most readers.
- Don’t post a huge PDF for download. Not
only is this annoying and unnecessary for site visitors, it’s also burdensome
for the search engines. If it’s too big, the search engines may abandon the PDF
before even getting access to its content.
meta descriptions for PDFs. For web
pages, the meta description is what is displayed under the title in a search
result. With PDFs, the search engines search the copy of the PDF and select
something to display. While with PDFs you have less control of what is
displayed as the description to the search result, you can still influence
this. The best way to do this is to make sure that you have a good, optimized
sentence or two near the start of your PDF. If these sentences correspond to
the search term used, it’s likely that these sentences are the ones that will
be displayed as the description under the search result’s heading.
the reading order: Depending on how the reading order of your PDF is
specified, this may lead the search engine to select some pretty strange stuff
- Tag your PDFs You can also add tags to your PDFs, similar to html tags. Again, with the PDF open and while using the full version of Acrobat, select Advanced>Accessibility>Add Tags to Document. Acrobat will give you a document report and recommend things you may want to consider changing. You’ll have the ability to tag headings, alternate text for images, etc.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Monday, October 12, 2015
Top 7 Link Building Strategies that are Penguin Approved and Require NO Outreach
- Reclaim links that you already “own”:
- Use GWT to discover broken links
- Go to GWT, click on your website, then "Site health" then "Crawl Errors" in the left nav. A list of URLs and response codes will appear at the bottom of the page
- "Repair" the broken links by using a 301 redirect
- Use a copy detection and attribution service like www.tynt.com or a script such as the ones created by Adam Dimech
- According to Tynt, this automatic attribution link can drive up to 40 percent more visits to a page. Plus you get a relevant, non-anchor link.
- If your website is designed in CSS, submit it to CSS directories like CSS Mania, Best Web Gallery, or CSS Elite.
- Quality – Make certain the directory is indexed. Most quality directories are paid directories – the cost of entry is a barrier to spammers.
- Relevance – must have a suitable category for your listing
- Run a search for “donators page” and “donations page” and you will be presented with a virtual menu of options for organizations to donate to.
- Typical cost $100 - $200
- Links from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and the Chamber of Commerce are great for both link building and Trust Building.
- Consider your membership fee as a cost of doing business. Not only do you benefit from some powerful links, but you're building trust and adding a new source of local traffic
- Kristi Hines has identified 15 sites that will either automatically link back to you using information in your Twitter profile or will allow you to sign in with Twitter and add links. Here are the details.
Incorporate Anchor Text Diversity
A natural backlink portfolio contains an assortment of link types, pointing to your website. Focus your link strategy around these common link types:
- Brand links: Variations include: Your Domain, YourDomain.com, www.YourDomain.com, YourDomain.
- Exact-match anchor text keyword links: These anchor text links should point to the most appropriate page on the website (the one you are optimizing).
- Partial-match keyword links: It’s important not to over-optimize with exact match keywords, otherwise you could trip a phrase based filter.
- Generic Links: Like “Read More” or “Click Here.” Keep in mind that good content should fill this need with little if any work required on your part.
- Page title links: Some of your links should be the same as your page title.
Determine which links need to be reviewed and considered for removal/disavowal from webmaster including:
- Links from a domain not indexed in Google
- Links from a website containing a malware or virus warning
- Links on the same page as spammy, unrelated links
- Links on a page with Google PageRank that is gray bar or zero
- Links coming from link networks
- Sitewide links – especially blogroll and footer links
- Paid links
Google’s Penguin Update also looks at the following:
- “Exact Match” Anchor Text - If Google notices that a large number of links pointing back to a specific page are the exact same keyword term, this is a big red flag that you are doing something unnatural. Google expects most of your anchor text to include your brand or domain, so if a number of links pointing back to your site include a competitive non-branded keyword term, they’ll assume there’s something fishy going on.
- Backlink Relevance - There’s that buzzword again… relevance. Just as important as the relevance of your own content within your site is the relevance of the sites linking back to you. For example, if you sell t-shirts, it wouldn’t make sense to have a large number of links from websites that sell fruit. The relevance of the sites linking to you as an authority on a specific topic should be loosely tied to what you actually do. Sites that have links from many irrelevant sites is also a red flag for Google that something isn’t quite right.
Here are six important reasons why:
- Link building is still the best way to improve search visibility
- Links aren’t going away anytime soon, and might in fact be the litmus test for future signals
- Building links can increase brand exposure
- Link building naturally goes hand in hand with other online marketing activities
- Link building can help create and propel new relationships
- Links send positive signals to Google, and can help improve a bad backlink profile.
It can be very frustrating waitin g for your site to appear in the Google search engine results. Luckily for you, there are a few things t...
The Meta keywords tag is placed within <HEAD></HEAD> tags just before the <BODY> tag of the HTML in the Webpage. Major s...
HTML size Page size matters because search engines limit size of a cached page. For example, Google will only cache a full page if the ...
Brand your traffic Use the title of your site or brand at the beginning or end of every title tag to help searchers know where they're...
There are many ways to help get your site higher in the search engine results, but perhaps 3 of the most overlooked are 3 of the easiest....
Among the few robust markup languages designed, XML includes to be a language which can be used in various ways and for many different appl...
This section describes the status of this document at the time of its publication. Other documents may supersede this document.The documen...
Choosing the right keywords to base your site optimization around is an important first step. General or generic keywords are usually not t...
A quality guideline now becomes a rule. Every month we raise the quality bar a little. This month is no different. Effective immed...
Google has recently made some pretty significant changes in its ranking algorithm. The latest update, dubbed by Google forum users as ...
Penile Prosthesis in India | Diabetes cause Impotence Treatment India | Urology Blog India | Phalloplasty Surgery in India | Types of Penile Implants | Top Urologist Surgeons in India | Peyronie Disease | ED1000 | Urethroplasty Surgery in India | Inguinal Hernia Surgery in India | ED Treatment in India | Diabetes cause Impotence Treatment India | Ask The Doctor | Premature Ejaculation | Radical Prostatectomy Surgery in India | UrologyCare INDIA | Alexis Hospital Nagpur | Mobile Tips Tricks | Google SEO Rules |